Tuesday, December 21, 2010

First Month In Our New Home...

Okay, we did it! We moved out of the nest. I never thought we would but we did it!

We all picked up some kind of virus or bacterial infection while unloading the shed in New Mexico. So we have been really sick since we got here. I've been able to attend a few meetings & the rest I have had to listen to on the phone. The congregation is lovely & there are plenty of pioneers to work with. The potential is great if I can just get well.

I love having a dog & two of the 5 cats that love me. Two others will let me pet them but they do not come to me on their own. The cat runs whenever I come near. Oh well, he at least has stopped & sniffed my hand. Soon, I hope to pet him. :o)

I have been cooking a lot more since I've been here & I love cooking. I also love being here with my sis & her family. I am gradually learning my way around the area & have been honked at twice. Life is good! lol

We are heading back to New Mexico, to pick up the rest of our things, this weekend. The sister & her husband who 'adopted' me are having a goodbye thing at their house Saturday evening. I'm looking forward to it, but dreading it at the same time. I hate goodbyes.

In the way of pioneering, this month is completely shot. But next month, I am going to really step it up. Actually, I'm going to step it up next week when we get back to Phoenix, AZ. I love pioneering & hope I can continue on into the paradise.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, we did it! Now, if we can just get better. It stinks to take in the meetings only thru the phone lines, but it's better than nothing. I'm kinda dreading/anticipating the goodbye party myself. I'm gonna miss the friends. :'(

    ReplyDelete