Monday, February 7, 2011

My Very First Super Bowl Party...

Okay, two things...

One, I have been to Super Bowl parties before, but it was with a bunch of pokey women who were just there to see the commercials & two, this wasn't really "my" party. It was one we all were invited to.

Our friends are dyed in the wool Pittsburgh Steelers fans. So they were decked out in their colors & had balloons, cakes & decorations all over the place. Their daughter & her husband came & the hubby was wearing the Green Bay Packers gear & he brought some cupcakes with their colors. The host acted like he had been shot to the heart & said: "How could you do this to me?!?"  So some good natured teasing took place.

Some more friends came & shock of all shocks, one of them dared to step foot in the Steelers domain with a "Cheese-Head" hat! All of us boo-ed & hissed at her! She laughed & said that she couldn't care less about either team, but she begged her boss to let her borrow the revolting cheese to freak everyone out! LOL So, our host went up to the "Packers" cupcakes box & took one out that was decorated with green frosting. He looked around slyly & then licked the frosting off & put the cupcake back in the box! ROFL All of us had a laugh over that, while we all said how gross he was.

Oh you should have heard the whoops & hollers each time a good play was made or when something went wrong! There were shouts of disgust & shrieks of glee! There was dancing, waving of the "Terrible Towel" & plenty of high fives to be had. It was so fun because these people came together to watch the game, not the commercials! *Sighs* Football at its finest being watched by friends who love the game as much as I do.

I like both teams that played on Sunday, but I picked the Steelers as the ones I would cheer. Oh well, all I can say is that they really picked it up in the last half & it was a good game played by all. I look forward to the next Super Bowl with friends.

2 comments:

  1. It was such a blast last night & it was such a good game too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good time!!! ours was great too, and loud, at least the first 1/2! LOL!

    ReplyDelete