Sunday, September 25, 2016

Another Sleepless Night...

I couldn't sleep, again. So I was looking at memories on facebook and found a link back to my blog. I had forgotten all about it. So, this is my first post in about 5 yrs, or so. Update on my job, I now work at Home Depot, I have been there almost 2 years. I live in my own place again. A tiny studio apartment on the second floor. Still riding the bus to & from work. Anyway...

Just wanted to tell you all about the fun time I had on Tuesday night, after work.

The story started several months ago when I was listening to REO Speedwagon, on my phone, at work. My co-worker asked me what I was listening to and when I told her, that sparked a conversation about our favorite album by them and our favorite songs by REO. She was grinning all huge towards the end of our conversation and she said: "You have no idea how happy I am to hear you right now!" I asked why and she said that she wanted to go to the REO Speedwagon concert in September and wanted someone to go that loved the band, as much as she did! Would I consider going? I jumped at that chance and said: "Oh Yes!" So she said she would let me know how much the tickets were and then she would get them.

Several months went by and finally, September arrived. I asked Carolyn if she was able to get the tickets and how much did I owe. She said Yes, she got them and don't worry about the amount?!?!?!
So I told her that I would have the money that Friday. Her reply: "I'm just thrilled that you are coming with me!"

So, I got to go to the concert, had really good seats and didn't have to pay for them! The concert was so good! Tesla opened, they put on a good show but, they have a foul mouth! Then...

REO Speedwagon took the stage and sang from the heart! They still got it! Kevin Cronin is still entertaining to listen to his singing and the things he has to say! They didn't do my favorite song, In My Dreams, but they did a great selection of their hits. Guitars were awesome and the voices were great!


After REO left the stage, work began for the next band Def Leppard. They were amazingly good! Even better live than they are recorded! It was awesome to see the guitarists play and the lead singer still sounded great! The highlight though, was getting to watch their drummer tear it up! He only has one arm but plays like a beast! Also, he plays barefooted! XD My kind of person right there! lol


Anyway, the concert started around 6:45pm and lasted until 11:20pm. At one point, everybody took out their cell phones to light up the venue! It was neat to see! We didn't get home until after midnight and I had to be up at 5 to get to work! I was very tired but it was so worth the lost sleep!!!

Well, that is all, for now. I will try to keep up on this thing in the future.



2 comments: